1/17/2012

2 years at AZCA!


So this week I'm just crossing the two year mark working at Arizonas Children Association here in Flagstaff. Thought Id just take a moment to blog/share about it and what I do there as Im very glad to be doin it!!  I'm definitely very blessed to have found this position and have really enjoyed the chance to work with families in need all over Northern Arizona including Prescott, Kingman, Meadview, Bullhead City, Lake Havasu City, Winslow, Holbrook, all around Flag and everywhere in between. Just over 32 homes now and thousands of miles driven. Crazy to think about but at the same time its been a privelege as I have been able to help influence, teach and have  direct influence on parents, children and teens in a positive way and helping them to make healthy changes in their lives. My official title is a Clinician and Family Support Tech. The stories I've experienced at AZCA through our "Meet Me Where I am Program" and "In Home" therapy and support, in just the short two years are pretty insane. (and I thought my life was crazy!)

It's exciting personally to be a part of an organization like this because its very hard now days to find employment in a place that you not only enjoy but also believe in and support. In this line of work its also obvious you dont do it for the money. Its about meeting people where they are and providing hope and new directions. Strangely enough, even while at a crossroads in my own life, I have thoroughly enjoyed every part of my role in this organization. I have had more "hands on" opportunites and "ministering" to people than I've had in any previous jobs , ironically including the ministries Ive been invovled in. After all our focus should be on relationships in life and reaching out to help in the world around us and if we arent doing that we are missing the point.

Dont get me wrong this job is not glamorous and perfect. Its actually quite the opposite. It is rewarding tho and for that Im very grateful. Everyday is a new adventure and even if I have a plan or a schedule I never know where I might end up next or how the day might end. I work with people directly in the schools, courts, home, community, wherever.   Each day is a new chance to help families and children in their life challenges and provide some stability, resources and hope. That itself is very exciting. (I actually think I've learned just as much as I have offered to all my clients and am hoping also this year to work on developing a life coaching program as an addition to my role at AZCA to continue helping people where they are. If you want to find out more or are interested in a life coach email me at kevinearnst@yahoo.com).

Not everyone of course has a job where its direct time working with people daily. Whatever the case tho whether you do or want to I encourage you to try making a goal to reach out to a family or friend  that might be going through a tough time and offer some help, advice, a prayer, encouragement. Im willing to bet there's actually a lot of people right in your community or circle of friends who would love someone to reach out to them in their time of need or maybe they are just wanting to build a positive deeper relationship. Don't miss out!

No comments:

Big News about Our YouTube channel! 

Oliver and Fam