5/23/2012

Dependence

I got to meet up for lunch today with one of my great friends here in Flagstaff. We had a lot to catch up on and with crazy different situations going on hadnt had the opportunity to meet up in over 3 weeks.  He shared all that he'd been up to and some twists and turns that had happened over the last week. Part of the conversation was about winning over his dad to Christ in a conversation while his dad continues to suffer with cancer. I then updated him on how things were going for me and the crazy journey I've been on.

The question came up later as we ate and hung out there that Ive been thinking through for many weeks.
"Do you really believe God is in control right now in all this?

I didnt really have to hesitate to answer because it had been on my mind and I said "Yes I do. I at least hope he is because no one else seems to be including me."

Whether we want to believe it or not, whether we live it or not, no matter how you look at it, whether you want to accept it or not God is actually in control.  Even when it doesnt seem like it at all. Ive been reminded of this daily for a while now. For me its a time of total dependence on God and going along for the ride no matter where it takes me. Ultimately God's plan is better than anything I could imagine even if it is not an easy way out. I even know as I make this dependence on God my ultimate goal that I will be tested and probably stretched in a way Im not even expecting at this moment. Im ready tho. Ive really got nothing to lose if God is really in control. Thats the absolute truth.

No comments:

Big News about Our YouTube channel! 

Oliver and Fam