1/11/2012

Spirit led or Self enpowered ?

So I'm reading this awesome book called "Not a Fan" by Kyle Idleman I got for Christmas. Love it. This chapter Spirit led or Self Enpowered is exactly what I've been focusing on in my own life as I evaluate how I live every day. The challenge is to follow God more and self less. If you think about it the typical day is focused on our goals and our ambitions. Today I prayed again for direction and then listened for it. I had to intentionally redirect myself off and on to pray and "be led" but when I did I again saw the day unfold in whole new directions. Amazingly throughout the day I felt God leading. In things I did, people I talked to, things I said, situations I encountered.

It's an on going process that is difficult but definitely is a great change. Even if you have been a Christian for a lifetime. It's time to step it up. Life is a battle and a journey and we have the "gift" of the holy spirit actually in us to lean on every second of the way. It's like handing over the controls and going along for the ride. A ride that is satisfying and rewarding in every way. It benefits us and glorifies God all at the same time. In all you do, say, think, feel ..pray for God to intervene. All day long, through all you do and wherever you go. See what happens.

If you want to see what God does in the lives of spirit led people read the book of Acts! Insane! Personally I'm making this a new goal each day and I'm ecstatic about what all could possibly happen! Understand tho this doesn't mean a joy ride down lucky lane. It might even have a few moments that are really rough. Bit its Gods road plan for your day, for your life. I'm sure a majority of the people even reading this haven't even taken a day to practice this from dawn til dusk consistently let alone make it a lifestyle.

Pray, listen, wait, react, respond. From the moment you get out of bed in the morning.Try it. I know its going to make every day an eye popping, mind boggling and jaw dropping adventure I promise. It's also the perfect way to gorify God with your life.

Proverbs 3:6 MSG

"Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; he's the one who will keep you on track. "

Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.4

No comments:

Big News about Our YouTube channel! 

Oliver and Fam