1/03/2012

My Pastor

For over the past two years I have had a key person in my life that has become a friend and a big part of my support network. This man genuinely took time to get to know me from the first time we met and has been there to support, challenge and direct in some key times in my life over this time frame. If you dont know him your missing out. He's my pastor. Pastor Paul Meldrum. Not since my days of being invovled in the youth ministry at my home church have I ever had anyone who had such a huge impact on my life and has helped me on good days and bad and to challenge me to stay on track pursuing what has been my goal for a lifetime. There have been very few people whom I have developed this kind of relationship with and learned from even in my role as a pastor myself. Its great to finally have a Christian leader as part of my life who is just that and that I can have a personal relationship with. Whether over coffee, meetings in his office or text messages its obvious Paul is a man of God and has one thing that is important to him. That is connecting with people on a personal level even tho  a very busy man in a very growing incredible church. Daily he sets an example of how Christ dealt with the people he crossed paths with during his time here on earth. So I thought Id take a minute to not just brag about my pastor but share how effective leadership can be when modeling Christ to the body and community but to shout out a big THANKS to God for putting Paul in my life.  He has helped me through some pretty major stuff and its awesome to know He's there and available for support in the journey.

No comments:

Big News about Our YouTube channel! 

Oliver and Fam